ESP Support system


How much is the monthly living cost?

The average monthly living expenses of college student is 153,000 JPY. Tokyo costs most with 167,000 JPY, the Kinki region costs 142,000 JPY, and the Kyushu region costs 128,000 JPY.

International students can work under certain conditions.The average monthly income of a part-time job is 73,000 JPY.

Reference: Japan Student Services Organization “2017 Survey of Living Conditions of Privately-Funded International Students”

Can I have a part-time job in Japan?

International students are required to apply for “Permission to Engage in Activity Other Than That Permitted under the Status of Residence Previously ” to the Immigration Bureau in order to work part-time.

In addition, there are restrictions on the types of jobs and hours that international students are allowed to work part-time, and if they exceed the time limit or have a prohibited part-time job, they will be sentenced to imprisonment, fine, and will be deported from Japan.

Working hours: Within 28 hours a week. However, up to 8 hours a day only during the long school holidays in summer, winter and spring.

Forbidden part-time job: adult entertainment business etc.

Are you worried about finding a place to live?

Introducing student dormitories and real estate companies. Please feel free to contact us.


Introducing real estate companies affiliated with ESP Gakuen.
Please feel free to contact us with housing.

  • Short-term (3 months, 6 months) or long-term contracts can be selected.
  • It is safe because the manager is resident.
  • There is a plan with meals.
  • Furniture and home appliances are maintained and convenient.
  • There are also properties where you can practice musical instruments!

Kyoritsu Dormitories

Click here for videos

Find your housing from ESP location

Career guidance

At ESP Gakuen, we fully support everyone who is aiming for employment,
from introducing job information to interview preparation.
We support students individually for each student`s goal.
Even after graduation, you can receive the same support as you had while you were in school, such as changing jobs and re-employment!

Employment support system

Transfer to university

More than half of the universities in Japan have a “transfer admission”
If you have a “Technical Associate, Senmonshi” degree and have graduated from ESP,
transfer to a university is also considered as one of your career paths.
At ESP Gakuen, we support students who want to learn more and gain more experience.

Music activity support

ESP Gakuen is a specialized training college whose parent company is the “ESP Group” centered on ESP,
a musical instrument manufacturer.
By sharing the audition information in the debut support section of all ESP colleges.
Audition preparation, music activities or finding for members! Student Support Section will fully support you even after graduation!